My name is Jimmy Taylor and I’m a network systems engineer living in Boise, Idaho.
My main interests are in network/systems deployment and troubleshooting, particularly with Juniper Networks and Linux server deployment, along with Python and PowerShell scripting/automation. I also have a fairly deep background in SCCM/MECM, Windows Server, and Active Directory, but my passion and joy is in the terminal and away from GUIs as much as possible. I’ve learned a lot over the years, and there are just things that I’ve found that I don’t always see others documenting, so I like to make concrete these ideas or solutions that I learn along the way in hopes that others may benefit as I have from other blogs out there. Others have helped me, so I believe I have an obligation to return the favor.
I also have a strong interest in boardgames, slowpitch softball, and most importantly good conversation over a cup of coffee.
Occasionally I play Star Wars Battlefront 2, play music, go hiking with my family, or just do other random outdoor activities.
- JNCIS-ENT (Juniper | Scheduled to test in February 2020)
- JNCIA-Junos (Juniper | 2019)
- Linux Essentials (Linux Professional Institute | 2018)
- MCSE: Productivity (Skype for Business) (Microsoft | 2016)
- Audiocodes Certified Associate (Audiocodes | 2016)
- CCNA: Routing and Switching (Cisco | 2014)